General instructions for hospital inpatient and outpatient surgery are below:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery. Do not eat or drink anything the day of surgery.
- If you take any medication to thin your blood (including aspirin or any drugs which contain aspirin), please notify your doctor or his nurse.
- If you are on any diabetic medications, you need to notify your doctor or his nurse so they can give you special instructions if necessary.
- Please make sure that the doctor or nurse is aware of any dietary supplements you are taking.
- You must have someone drive you home following the procedure. The hospital will not let you leave if you do not have a driver.
- Please leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
Specific Surgery Information Forms:
Warning: Undefined array key 0 in /nas/content/live/uam1/wp-content/themes/UAM2021/partials/content-cta.php on line 1